Astoin County Public Health has received the COVID-19 Emergency Housing Grant for our area. The purpose of this grant is to address the quarantine and isolation needs for people experiencing homelessness and other people who cannot isolate at home, including:
- Create isolation and quarantine housing.
- Create additional emergency shelter capacity for people experiencing homelessness to replace shelter capacity lost when the state required increased social distancing.
- Increase sanitation in existing homeless housing.
How does COVID-19 spread?
Health experts are still learning more about the spread. Currently it is thought to spread:
How can I protect myself from COVID-19?
It's important that everyone take steps to reduce the spread of novel coronavirus, especially to protect those who are more vulnerable. Steps you can take to prevent spread of flu and the common cold will also help prevent coronavirus:
Currently, there are no vaccines available to prevent COVID-19 infections.
Resources For Our Community
- RESOURCES FOR INTERNET/LAPTOPS:
Request a laptop for telehealth (during the COVID-19 pandemic)
- SUPPORT FOR AND ONLINE SUPPORT FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
National Domestic Violence Hotline – Staying Safe During Covid-19. A lot of really good info as well as help creating safety plans during Covid.
- SUPPORT GROUPS FOR AND ONLINE MEETINGS FOR NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS
- Narcotics Anonymous – Phoneline/Virtual meetings
Asotin County Health District is committed to being a trusted source of public health information by providing education, promoting health, preventing illness, and protecting the environment to help those who work, play, and live in Asotin County achieve their best health.